Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Another bit further!

Time for a little more progress...

It's been kind of a slow run crafting-wise due to, well, life...the universe...and everything, but at least I was able to get some more stitching time in. It's been so long since I did the banners for the other houses, however, that I forgot that I had changed the background banner color to a lighter shade intentionally. 

Total freak out moment - I thought I was going to have to go back and redo it all! 

Turns out, the memory got jogged a little more when I did a color comparison with the colors that I actually used and the colors called for in the pattern. On comparison, the Gryffindor lion would sort of blend a little too well, in my opinion, with the background parchment color, so I used a lighter one to give it a little more contrast. Hope this tip helps if anyone else doing these Harry Potter patterns runs into the same issue!


No comments:

Post a Comment