Monday, December 22, 2014

IHSW - Otherwise known as, "There and Back Again..."

I signed up for my first International Hermit & Stitch Weekend. It seemed like fun, at first, but soon turned to frustration once I realized that thanks to my not-so-sharp eyes missing two squares/stitches in the filigree at the top of the pattern, the rest of the pattern had become offset, which means only one thing.

I had to rip out/cut out a week's worth of work.

Now, I'm not the fastest cross-stitcher in the world, and am even slower since I'm doing the pattern on stiff Aida cloth on a pillowcase (it's a long-overdue gift for my hubby) so it really won't look like I've gotten anything done in comparison with my last progress posting.

But I was able to almost get caught up, and even got the badger in while I was at it. I think I've learned my lesson - work left to right, and don't try to get the filigree at the top done until it's even with the rest of the pattern.

Here's the picture of how it looks now...

4 comments:

  1. There is still progress. Progress is progress, no matter how small!
    It is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry the frogs came for a visit. Hope they are hogtied and back in their pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comments! And now you've got me curious about the frogs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing worse than a frogging weekend, but your stitching looks terrific. Well done!

    ReplyDelete